CHOOSE YOUR COLOUR
Isn’t colour just the most wonderful thing?
Doesn’t a place look that much nicer when you add a bit of colour? Colour can also really influence our mood. And as such we can use it as a tool to influence it. We tend to pick our clothes each morning for the mood that we are in. If I am feeling particularly happy I will normally choose something colourful to wear. And if I’m feeling a bit down, I will probably want to hide a bit from the world and would go for something black. But what if you did the complete opposite?
Instead of choosing the colour matching the mood that you are in, go for a colour that will enforce the mood that you want to be in. Now I know that this can be very hard to do, because if you are feeling depressed the last thing you want do is to appear happy. But if you are determined to not let that depressive mood get the best of you and rule your day, try to do it anyway.
So let’s have a look at what effect certain colours have on you, so you can pick the right colour for the kind of mood you want to be in.
- Black: Black is the colour of authority and power, stability and strength. It is also the colour associated with intelligence. Black is a serious colour that evokes strong emotions. Wear it to feel powerful or mysterious
- White: For most of the world this is the colour associated with purity, cleanliness and neutrality. White is associated with creativity. Wear it for more mental clarity.
- Red: Red is the colour of energy. People surrounded by red find their heart beating a little faster. Wear red when you want to have lots of energy and confidence.
- Pink: Pink is the most calming of all colours. Think of pink as the colour of romance, love, and gentle feelings, to be in the pink is to be soothed. Wear pink to feel more loving.
- Blue: Blue is a calm and restful colour. Seeing the colour blue actually causes the body to produce chemicals that are calming. Over the ages blue has become associated with steadfastness, dependability, wisdom and loyalty. Blue is good to wear when you want to be more intuitive.
- Green: The colour of growth, nature, and money. A calming colour also that’s very pleasing to the senses. It is also the colour associated with good luck, generosity and fertility. Use green to feel more relaxed and ease your anxiety.
- Yellow: Yellow is the colour associated with laughter, happiness and good times. It is the colour associated with optimism. It has the power to speed up our metabolism and bring out some creative thoughts. Wear yellow to feel more optimistic, mentally stimulated and creative.
- Orange: The most flamboyant colour on the planet! It’s the colour most associated with fun times, happy and energetic days, warmth and organic products. It is also associated with ambition. Use orange to stimulate activity and socialisation.
There are so many more colours that we could explore and each and every one of them has the ability to affect your mood. Think of colour as another tool you can use to influence how you feel. When used effectively it can really brighten up your day.